I spent the day in new hire orientation. Here are some things I learned during a scavenger hunt we did:
1. One of the 10 buildings on our campus is an old 1800s firehouse. It has a pole and you can slide down it whenever you want. But we had to take a safety seminar on the proper way to slide down the pole.
2. Next week, there will be a bouncy boxing ring on campus during lunch.
3. There are free pilates, yoga, CPR, self-defense and cooking classes, among other things. If you go to at least 15 events in a quarter, you get a gift card to a store of your choice!
4. The building I work in used to be the horse stable for the fire department, back when they used carriages. So, basically, it’s a 200-year-old garage. But that’s ok.
5. There are three cats. They live in the HR building. I don’t know if they have names, but they’re really cute!
6. On the first 70 degree day of the year, the company closes at noon.
7. There is a building on the campus that is an old house. It’s called “The House Formerly Known As The Blue House.” There’s a placard that says so. There’s a kegerator inside. Also, there are bottles of beer in each building’s kitchen. You can drink beer at your desk.
8. In addition, we watched an orientation video today about the history of the company, which was a spoof of “The Faces of Dunder Mifflin” video from The Office.
I’m not sure, but I think the company I work for just might be AWESOME!