I should have posted about this before New Year’s Eve, but to be honest, I thought it went without saying. I’m sure none of you were participants in the New Year’s Eve 2011-2012 Glitter Overload Revolution, but I saw plenty of gals (and guys) who were. So, just for review:
- Do use a tiny amount of glitter. It’s New Year’s Eve, for goodness sake! If you can’t wear glitter on that day, when can you?
- Do exercise subtlety in your glitter usage. I, for example, lined my bottom lashes using a loose glitter powder by Tarina Tarantino. It added shimmer, but it wasn’t over-the-top. If you want a stronger glittery look, try a glitter eyeliner, like this one from Sephora brand.
- Don’t go overboard. Glitter eyeshadow + glitter blush + glittery nails + glitter in your hair + glittery lips = TOO MUCH GLITTER! Calm down!
- Don’t, as I heard a local radio DJ suggest, put glitter only in your cleavage, so men’s eyes will be drawn to it. That’s just trashy.
- Don’t wear glitter on your face that’s too chunky. Save the chunky glitter for your nails, but use fine, shimmery glitter on your face. For Heaven’s sake, you’re not a disco ball.
Hopefully, this information will come in handy next year, when those same ladies and gents I saw on New Year’s are pulling out their glitter stashes again. In this case, less is more, people. Less is more.
Thanks for listening to me rant, folks.